Monday, November 7, 2011

Time to get this blog back up and running.

As I'm waiting for the temperature outside to warm up a bit (I have some winterizing projects to get done before the snow flies) I figured I should really get this blog up and running again.  So many ideas to get down.  What to do? What to do?

So of my future posts will be reveiws of past ideas and projects as well as new stuff.  So stay tuned.

One of my winter projects today is duct tape.  Will post a short video of my favorite use of duct tape a little later.

Well with winter just around the corner, trail riding season is almost done.  Note I said almost, there are still going to be those lovely wonderful days yet before the snow flies.  One of the things to do after each ride, if you take thermos's along on your ride, its easy to  clean them out,  Fill them with hot water and drop a dentrue cleaning tablet in and let sit for 10 minutes, leaves thermos's sparkling clean.

When out trail riding in unfamiliar territory, always carry a whistle with you.  If you become lost knowing morse code s.o.s. is easy to remember.  Three short blasts, followed by three long blasts, followed by three short blasts.  Wait, then repeat.  These can be found in the camping area at any farm, or hardware store.  Also take along a compass, flint, or water proof matches, (you may need to build a fire, practice with these at home), protein bars, and a space blanket, bottle of water, these items are small and can be kept in your pommel bag.  Be sure to dress in layers, you can always remove items, but not having enough to start with is not good.   I hope you found some of this information to be helpful.  Happy Trails Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment